Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Celebration of Life

On Saturday the 30th we went to SLC. The Utah Eye, Organ and Tissue Donation have made a monument at library square. It is a wall that has donors names engraved on it, they call it the Celebration of Life Monument. On Saturday they unveiled the new names engraved on it this year. Justins was one of them. It was a fun special day to be able to reflect on his life and the life and opportunity that he has given to other children through his donation. In February 2005 a 7 month old boy received his aortic heart valve. and in July 2005 a 13 month old little girl received his pulmonary heart valve. From his heart so full of love these two little ones have received life. His eyes were also donated. Both a Happy and Sad day to reflect. Thank you to Mom, Dad, Mark, Nanalee and Valerie for sharing this special occasion with us. Can't forget PJ and Kash, they made the day extra special.

PJ and Kash just loved playing in the water fountain. Is this ok?? Who knows but they sure had fun.






7 comments:

Kelli said...

What a special day for your family to honor Justin and to see the wonderful blessings that he has brought to those other children. Thanks for posting this. The fountain pics look fun - what cute boys. You look great, too.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing event to partake in- bitter sweet as it may be. This is a wonderful honor to your family as well as little Justin.

Please know that my condolences are going out to you once again. I was sorry to hear about Heath. Please know that your family as well as the whole Cook family are in our thoughts and prayers. If there is anything I can do please feel free to ask.

My blog is private but I would love for you to be part of it. Email me your email address at treestevenson@yahoo.com.

Travis and Sophi said...

How special your family is to have lost and given so much!! Celebration looks like it was a wonderful day. Your boys are adorable and keep you busy I'm sure. (hope you don't mind me looking, found you through Franki's site.)

Marth said...

Ricci - so great to get to participate in that beautiful momument with your family. You continue to be an inspration to me - Love, Julianne

ciara said...

Hi Ricci. I found your blog through Holly's. I talked to her and did'nt know you guys blogged!! But Im glad you do!! I love your blog. And I love your post about Justin. How neat for your family!! You have a darling little family! I hope ya don't mind me adding you to my blog list:)

Ben and Darci said...

Hi Ricci. That is touching to have his name commemorated like that. I think about Justin often and sometimes wonder if he was a little like Riley. I love to hear things about JJ. And in regards to Heath, I learned about what a wonderful person he is at the funeral and it makes me want to be better. We are thinking about you.

Stephanie said...

I wanted to comment on this too. It makes me want to smile and cry at the same time to think about all the people's lives that Justin has helped. He was such a sweet boy and I still think about him all the time.