Friday, October 17, 2008

grateful



ok so its not quite november, and quite a few days away from thanksgiving. But I am titling this blog grateful because that is how I feel today. You know we totally take each day of our lives and our childrens lives for granted. Justin has been gone for 4 years today and I have been an emotional wreck! It seems just like a few weeks ago we were laughing with him and at him. His sweet little personality and dimple. But I am also reminded of how greatful I am to have that opportunity to have been his Mom and to have two more beautiful boys! How wonderful the blessing of being a mother. And thats only one good reason why blogging and showing off your kids is so wonderful. You have the right! Your a Mother!

JJ on Ghost, Summer 2004

On Monday I took PJ to the doctor because he kept complaining of his hand hurting. He could play and use it just fine, but when you would touch his hand it would hurt. So we went and took pictures of his bones! He thought it was cool because he looked like a skeleton. So here we are with a cast because of a crack. He was helping Kash get off of the table and the chair tipped over with them both and PJ's had took all of the weight. At first he didn't like it but he doesn't seem to mind it now.

Ok so Joseph has lost his mind! He decided PJ was ready for his first 4wheeler. we went out to the sand dune for conference weekend and it rained the whole time it seemed but we still had fun. Pj was driving really well after a few hours and didn't want to stop even though he would get soaked every time. Kash taking his turn.

Laney, Keerah, Kash, PJ making a sand castle.
Joseph made a trip to Sam's club last friday and found some really cute pajamas. He also got the boys some goggles so they would be ready to go snowmobiling. Joseph got ready to go to the temple and was giving the boys hugs when I snapped this shot. He got down to the temple and realized his shirt was pink! Oops! I'll bet everyone thought that his poor wife washed his lights and darks together.
Kash loves Cats!! thanks for the kitten grandma but I don't think it will survive.
PJ fell asleep on Morgans lap. Best Buds!

Hey look! we made it just like it shows in the magazine. (A turtle out of bread if you couldn't tell)



And this one of Kash being a Monkey is just too cute not to include!





6 comments:

marci and josh said...

Ricci, Your boys are growing up so fast, I can't believe that PJ and Kash ride the 4 wheeler all by themselves. I'm glad you made this post I was thinking a lot about you this week and today. You are such an example to me. Thank you for sharing your feelings about Justin.

Kiara said...

Your boys are so adorable! I was just noticing how different they look from eachother... You can tell they are all Cooks but they have very distinct looks...
I agree, being a mom is the best job in the world! (Don't tell Joe I said that) :)

Abbie said...

Your boys are so cute!!

Karole said...

I just have to say that I LOVE YOU! I hope you know not in a weird way (ha ha) but as I have told you before I think of you often and my heart goes out to you! Your boys are adorable and I miss you guys. It's hard to be away from friends and family. I will let you know when we are coming up next!

Ralaina said...

I haven't been on the blogs for awhile and I was glad to catch up with your sweet family. You have been through more then anyone can imagine and are such an example of strength and faith. It is a nice reminder to be grateful for what we have! I am so sorry that PJ has a little cast, but it is pretty neat ;) and I'm glad it will be feeling better soon! Awesome new 4-wheeler!!!

Kelli said...

Hey Ricci,

I've been out of the blogging world for a bit, too. I loved this post about motherhood and your feelings about Justin, and the sweet pictures of your boys. Looks like they each have a ton of personality!!! Thanks for reminding me of what's really important -- I needed that today! You are a great example!